There is an official agenda for every meeting of the City Commissioners, which determines the order of business conducted at the meeting. The City Commission will not take action upon any matter, proposal, or item of business, which is not listed upon the official agenda, unless a majority of the Commission has first consented to the presentation for consideration and action.
- Consent Agenda Items: These are items which the Commission does not need to discuss individually and which are voted on as a group.
- Regular Agenda Items: These are items which the Commission will discuss individually in the order listed on the agenda.
- Voice Vote: A voice vote by the Commission indicates approval of the agenda item. This can be by either a regular voice vote with "Ayes & Nays" or by a roll call vote.
Speaking at Commission Meetings:
The public is encouraged to offer comment to the Commission at their meetings during Public Hearings, Public Audience, and on any regular agenda item, as hereinafter described.
City Commission meetings are business meetings and, as such, the Commission retains the right to impose time limits on the discussion on an issue.
- Public Hearings: Any citizen may speak on an official agenda item under the section entitled "Public Hearings."
- Public Audience: Any citizen may be heard concerning any matter within the scope of the jurisdiction of the Commission - Time Limit - Three (3) Minutes.
Regular Agenda Items: Any citizen may speak on any official agenda item(s) listed on the agenda after a motion has been made and properly seconded, with the exception of Consent Agenda Items that have not been pulled for separate vote, reports, and presentations. - Time Limit - Three (3) Minutes.
Due to the COVID-19 public health emergency and in accordance with Governor DeSantis's Emergency Orders, the City requests that all citizens follow the safe at home guidance provided by the State, the County, and the Federal Government. The City of Boynton Beach encourages interested parties to attend and participate in public meetings via communications media technology online.
To view and/or participate in the City Commission meeting you have the following options:
1. Watch the meeting online, but not participate:
You may watch the meeting via the GoToWebinar platform. Visit the City's website at www.boynton-beach.org to access the up-to-date link to the meeting.
2. Watch the meeting online and provide public comment prior to the meeting:
You may watch the meeting as listed above and provide written comments by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org by Noon on May 4, 2021 or calling (561) 742-6006 and leaving a message on the public comment hotline. Messages left on the hotline will be transcribed. Please include your full name and the specific agenda item number(s) for your comments. Comments received by the deadline will be read into the record. Please note that time limits will be enforced so written comments must be limited to no more than 3 minutes.
3. Watch the meeting online and provide public comment during the meeting:
To request to speak during the meeting, you can electronically "raise your hand" or type a question using the GoToWebinar platform. The meeting moderator will announce when it is your turn to speak or have your question addressed. Please note that time limits will be enforced so comments must be limited to no more than 3 minutes.
For additional information or for special assistance prior to the meeting, please contact Crystal Gibson, City Clerk, at email@example.com or (561) 742-6061.